From: V. Woods
South Orange, NJ
Monday, 8:30 a.m.
Dear Salon Professional/Owner,
Have you warn yourself out trying to grow your salon business on your own? Have you been spinning your wheels with some of your recent attempts to implement new ideas? If you answered yes, your salon business is not as profitable as it could be.
Working harder is not the answer. You have already thrown more than your heart and soul into your business. You have sacrificed time with family, vacations and other interests to keep your business open. You have even tried to absorb every social media or promotion tip that you find. So, that isn’t the problem.
The difference between the most successful salons and those that struggle is not talent, it is just a plan.
The problem is that you don’t have a clear plan to get you from where you are to where you want to be.
In my research of some of the most successful salon owners across the country, I have found one common factor with their financial success. They invest time to not only define their strategy but also to develop a plan to bring that strategy to life. They don’t shoot from the hip. These owners walk into the salon every day with a clear view on how they will reach their sales goals day-by-day, month-by-month, and year-by-year.
This dedication to planning sets them up for positive results for not only this year but for their entire career.
Poor planning hurts your salon business.
It prevents you from capitalizing on opportunities to attract and keep clients for a number of reasons:
- Your staff becomes disgruntled. Because you can’t attract enough consistent clients, your stylists face a lot of
idle time without generating enough money to generate a decent wage. Expecting your stylists to aggressively bring in new clients without your support as an owner is unrealistic and shows a lack of leadership.
- Your one-off attempts at marketing fall flat, even with help. Even when you get a “hookup” with a new website or free publicity, your results are marginal. Without a plan, it is hard for all your marketing efforts to work together so that your clients even notice. Your efforts become as memorable as TV commercial in the middle of your favorite show.
- You can’t retain the new clients that you attract. You spend money on advertising or a PR firm to attractnew clients. However, you have trouble converting these new clients into regular ones. In order to retain newer clients, you need to have a plan to ensure that they understand your services to want to come back.
- You make it too hard for your loyal clients to promote you. Your happy clients may agree to spread the scoop about you but it shouldn’t feel like a job. Your clients may have good intentions but you have to make it easy for them to become your brand ambassadors. You lose out on word of mouth opportunities without a solid plan.
- Eventually, your loyal clients feel the impact of your struggle. You ask your current clients to make
sacrifices in service quality so that you can meet your short term cash flow needs. As you make decisions to reduce hours of operations and offer fewer amenities, your retention rates slowly slip as you save money on expenses. Ultimately, you still lose money.
A salon owner with a solid business plan does not stay up late at night worrying about the threat of closing, even in a tough economy.
In my work, I have also researched successful new salon franchises that are run by individuals that have never seen the inside of a cosmetology or barber school. These owners invest money in whatever resources they need to create a plan to execute their vision for their business. With my experience as a product manager responsible for producing results on multi-million dollar service lines, I have a strong background in writing and implementing business plans. Regardless of the size of the company, the same principle applies.
If you don’t want to continue to just “hang in there,” I want to help you create a breakthrough for you and your business.
I am excited to teach you how to create a plan to Book Your C.H.A.I.R. Solid to a 6-Figure business.
I believe that salons that “do things right” should be more profitable.
When speaking with salon owners and booth renters, many are frustrated by online marketing. One of the reasons why many salon professionals don’t see optimal results with their efforts with Facebook, email newsletters or blogging is that their strategy is unclear and their approach lacks consistency.
Through my practice, I have helped owners build promotional plans that focus on the strengths of their staff. For example, I helped one client create a plan to revamp her blog to showcase how she differentiates herself in the marketplace as well as educate her clients. This has helped bring back lost long clients to her business.
I also have extensive experience helping businesses better understand their own clients so that they can save money on advertising. For example, I helped owners look at the trends in their own client database to decide where they should go to target new clients. This saved them money from broadly sending out literature to an entire zip code of people who would never buy their services.
If you want to charge premium prices, can you afford to appear anything less than business savvy to clients?
In some of my client focus group studies, I have documented that clients will pay premium prices when they believe they are receiving premium service from a well-run business. Do you shortchange yourself by not making investments that have PROVEN to make more money for others? And at the same time, have you not raised prices in years even when you know that your expenses for products and labor have increased?
It is time for you to take your business to the next level. Give yourself permission to invest in your business and allow your clients to pay prices that will allow you to grow. I can help you feel more confident that you can attract and retain the type of clientele ready to pay you more.
History has shown that the best companies start planning for the economy to break long before the media has declared that we are beyond the recession. If you know in your heart that all your efforts and talent should translate into a 6- or even 7-figure business, I can walk you through the process of creating a plan.
I didn’t figure everything out everything on my own to be able to catch the attention of brands such as L’Oreal Professional and Shea Moisture to reach target African-American consumers.
In this course, I help you learn the tools to take your salon from “best kept secret” to “the hot spot”.
I have learned what I know from my own investment in myself through my MBA from The Wharton School of Business, on-the-job training at Fortune 500 companies, thousands of dollars on sales and marketing training courses from multi-millionaire entrepreneurs. I have confirmed that all this experience is relevant to the salon industry through my research of the best practices of the top salons across the country and my own hands-on work with clients. In sum, I have invested over $100,000 in my training and education so that I can share my blessing.
You can stop daydreaming about growing your business and join the crowd of successful salons that are getting it done.
With the Book Your C.H.A.I.R. Solid to a 6-Figure Business home study program you can:
- Stop wasting money on bad marketing ideas. With the tools to better evaluate what makes sense for your business, you can also save time from fruitless trial and error.
- Avoid attracting clients only searching for discounts that will never fully appreciate your services. With a better understanding of what your best clients really want and need, you will not feel as much pressure to create unprofitable promotions.
- Maximize opportunities for your ideal clients to learn about your services and visit your salon. You will not have to rely solely on handing out business cards and flyers to strangers who are not your ideal clients.
- Have more confidence that you can create a change in your business. By mapping out a plan to grow that includes the who, what and how. You can be successful. Your entire business team can more easily achieve your vision.
Here’s just a sampling of what you’ll learn:
If you are sitting at your desk saying “I need to make more money” over and over again, you should start by Setting Clear Goals. When you set goals besides sales, you can better identify signs that your business may be in trouble early.
- How to clearly define a marketing strategy that not only positively impacts your bottom line but your entire business
- How to pick business strategies that solve your operational challenges and connect with your key salon metrics
- How to set clear goals in order to grow your business despite the current economic concerns
- And More!
Worksheet: Sales Model ROI calculator, How to Use Sales Model ROI calculator, Module 1 Worksheet
Next to staff, Happy Clients are your best asset. Take clients for granted and get ready to deal with some hard times for your business. Build your marketing around what YOUR clients value and drive cash flow for your business.
- How and when to survey clients to get useful information to make better operation decisions
- 10 tips to get more out of email newsletters to keep your clients hitting the forward button to send to their friends
- How to use your website to serve your clients better
- Manage your presence on online directory and review sites to spread the word faster about your business
- Review how to save time using low cost productivity tools to manage your ongoing social media updates
- And more!
Worksheet: Example of survey questions you can use for your clients, Salon Directories/Forums List, Module 2 Worksheet
In order to wow potential new clients and keep connected to existing clients, you need to seek opportunities to Influence Beyond the Salon. Make the most out of the new online and offline opportunities to show that you are a responsible businessperson and a leader in your field.
- How to use blogging and video to educate your current clients and attract the attention of those in search of new services and product advice
- How to pitch yourself as an expert to bloggers and magazines in a way that you can cash in on the exposure
- How Social Media can empower your voice in the crowded internet marketplace
- How to make the most of networking opportunities (include beauty meet-ups) to position yourself as the “go-to” beauty expert
- And more!
Worksheet: Blog Planning Worksheet, Module 3 Worksheet
To ensure success with your marketing ideas, you need to Review Your Plan against your goals. I will show you how to prioritize your ideas and create a written plan.
- How to plan for success when adding a new service offering
- How to develop a promotion calendar that you and your team can follow from month to month
- Key Tips to ensure your marketing plan works for you
- The right way to measure performance of campaigns
- And more!
Worksheet: Marketing Plan Template, Marketing Plan Template Example
Ready to get started? Or do you still have some questions?
What is different about this course? I have already bought a few books on marketing?
This course is grounded in basic marketing principle students learn when getting their MBA along with practical tips specific for the salon business. We cover the latest trends in small business marketing by using best practices used by beauty professionals. Each module includes homework assignments that help you build your own marketing plan.
I already do some online marketing.
If you already do some online marketing then you understand the value of continuous learning. We will cover some of the newest tools and techniques on the market along with the fundamentals.
I am too far behind with this online stuff.
We will start with the fundamentals. There may be some techniques that you can incorporate at a later date. Also, keep in mind that some things make more sense to delegate to a business assistant. However, if you do not understand the basics, you cannot supervise their work effectively.
Business is slow. I don’t have the money to pay for this kind of course.
You will continue to struggle with your business if you do not invest the time to improve your skills as an entrepreneur. At the end of the day, you are betting on yourself.
Is there a Money Back Guarantee?
We stand firmly behind our products. We KNOW this product has the potential for transforming your business just as long as you attend class and do all the work. However, I cannot guarantee any specific financial results (or a 6-Figure business) just from taking this training.
But, just in case you don’t agree, you have SIX months to request a refund your investment. Your satisfaction is assured through my NO RISK, “YOU-CAN’T-LOSE”, 100%, NO-QUESTIONS-ASKED, IRON CLAD MONEY BACK GUARANTEE.
Yes, I am ready to start planning to have a more profitable business. How is this all going to work?
So here is the deal…
Upon processing your order, you will immediately receive the course download page that contains links to the following:
- 4 Downloadable MP3s for each module so that you can listen at your convenience (almost 4 solid hours of audio content)
- 10 Worksheets for each module that include homework exercises, cheat sheets and templates
- Bonus Video How-to instruction for HootSuite (a social media productivity tool) to get tips to manage your social media presence. Many of you have told me that part of the reason you avoid social media is because it feels like it’s too time consuming. I will show you how I manage my own calendar to keep a consistent presence online without spending my whole day on Facebook.
Risk-free offer to invest in your business for only
Special bonus 1 hour coaching session (Value $200) at no additional charge through February 29
(coaching session must be scheduled within 3 months of purchase of home study course)
I am looking forward to helping with you and your business!
To your success,
P.S.- Invest in yourself to move your business to the next level. Open up new possibilities to run a more profitable salon business.