From: V. Woods
South Orange, NJ
Monday, 8:30 a.m.
Dear Salon Professional/Owner,
I am sorry to have to be the one to tell you that you could be leaving thousands of dollars on the floor like scraps of hair every day you walk in your salon.
Since it is my mission to help more salons on their journeys to the A-List, let’s see if you get nauseous like I do at the thought of not making as much money as possible from my talent and energy.
Can you honestly relate to any of these statements?
- I am frustrated when I look at my endless list of “things to do” to take my business to the “next level.” What actions will really make a difference and what will be a pure waste of time AND money.
- I frequently shortchange myself by not making investments that have PROVEN to make more money for others (what if it doesn’t work for me).
- I know who my ideal clients are AND have tried to reach them. But still not enough come in on a regular basis to ease my financial stress?
If you answered yes, your salon business is likely not as profitable as it could be. And perhaps, this letter is the jolt that you need to finally do something about it.
Working harder is not the answer. You have already thrown more than your heart and soul into your business. The sad part is that you have already sacrificed a lot of time with family, vacations and other interests to keep your business open.
If you are ready to start feeling like things are moving forward again, I MAY HAVE A SOLUTION FOR YOU.
I would like to share what I have learned by working with salon owners such as yourselves, speaking to some of the most successful salon owners in the country as the author of The A-List Salon, investing in myself through my MBA from The Wharton School of Business, on-the-job training at Fortune 500 companies, and thousands of dollars on sales and marketing training courses from multi-millionaire entrepreneurs.
This is what I know is 100% true ( no matter how dazzling the logo and what celebrities walk thru the door)…
The difference between the most successful salons and those that struggle is not talent, it is just a plan.
What many of the creative and visionary owners like you that I chat with have in common is that you don’t have a clear plan to get you from where you are to where you want to be.
The most profitable salon owners invest time to not only define their strategy but also to develop a plan to bring that strategy to life. They don’t shoot from the hip. These owners walk into the salon every day with a clear view on how they will reach their sales goals day-by-day, month-by-month, and year-by-year.
This dedication to planning sets them up for positive results for not only this year but for their entire career.
Poor planning hurts your salon business.
It prevents you from capitalizing on opportunities to attract and keep clients for a number of reasons:
- Your staff becomes disgruntled. Because you can’t attract enough consistent clients, your stylists face a lot of
idle time without generating enough money to generate a decent wage. Expecting your stylists to aggressively bring in new clients without your support as an owner is unrealistic and shows a lack of leadership.
- Your one-off attempts at marketing fall flat, even with help. Even when you get a “hookup” with a new website or free publicity, your results are marginal. Without a plan, it is hard for all your marketing efforts to work together so that your clients even notice. Your efforts become as memorable as TV commercial in the middle of your favorite show.
- You can’t retain the new clients that you attract. You spend money on advertising or a PR firm to attractnew clients. However, you have trouble converting these new clients into regular ones. In order to retain newer clients, you need to have a plan to ensure that they understand your services to want to come back.
- You make it too hard for your loyal clients to promote you. Your happy clients may agree to spread the scoop about you but it shouldn’t feel like a job. Your clients may have good intentions but you have to make it easy for them to become your brand ambassadors. You lose out on word of mouth opportunities without a solid plan.
- Eventually, your loyal clients feel the impact of your struggle. You ask your current clients to make
sacrifices in service quality so that you can meet your short term cash flow needs. As you make decisions to reduce hours of operations and offer fewer amenities, your retention rates slowly slip as you save money on expenses. Ultimately, you still lose money.
A salon owner with a solid business plan does not stay up late at night worrying about the threat of closing, even in a tough economy.
In my book, The A-List Salon: Insider Secrets of How Profitable Salons Wow Their Clients Every Day, I interviewed 16 salon owners recognized by Salon Today Magazine as the top 200 in the country.
The salons in the book include: Arrojo Studio, Philip Pelusi Salons, John Atchison Salon, Kennedy’s Barber Club, Khamit Kinks, Keith Harley Hair & Scalp Clinic and more.
These owners shared an inside view of not only what makes stylists knock down the door for jobs but also what keeps the cash registers jingling.
If just “hanging in there” is not acceptable to you, I want to offer you a map to create a new breakthrough for you and your business.
You can stop daydreaming about growing your business and join the crowd of successful salons that are getting it done.
I am excited to share my Book Your C.H.A.I.R. Solid to a 6-Figure Business training.
With the Book Your C.H.A.I.R. Solid to a 6-Figure Business home study program you can:
- Stop wasting money on bad marketing ideas. With the tools to better evaluate what makes sense for your business, you can also save time from fruitless trial and error.
- Avoid attracting clients only searching for discounts that will never fully appreciate your services. With a better understanding of what your best clients really want and need, you will not feel as much pressure to create unprofitable promotions.
- Maximize opportunities for your ideal clients to learn about your services and visit your salon. You will not have to rely solely on handing out business cards and flyers to strangers who are not your ideal clients.
- Have more confidence that you can create a change in your business. By mapping out a plan to grow that includes the who, what and how. You can be successful. Your entire business team can more easily achieve your vision.
Here’s just a sampling of what you’ll learn:
If you are sitting at your desk saying “I need to make more money” over and over again, you should start by Setting Clear Goals. When you set goals besides sales, you can better identify signs that your business may be in trouble early.
- How to clearly define a marketing strategy that not only positively impacts your bottom line but your entire business
- How to pick business strategies that solve your operational challenges and connect with your key salon metrics
- How to set clear goals in order to grow your business despite the current economic concerns
- And More!
Worksheet: Sales Model ROI calculator, How to Use Sales Model ROI calculator, Module 1 Worksheet
Next to staff, Happy Clients are your best asset. Take clients for granted and get ready to deal with some hard times for your business. Build your marketing around what YOUR clients value and drive cash flow for your business.
- How and when to survey clients to get useful information to make better operation decisions
- 10 tips to get more out of email newsletters to keep your clients hitting the forward button to send to their friends
- How to use your website to serve your clients better
- Manage your presence on online directory and review sites to spread the word faster about your business
- Review how to save time using low cost productivity tools to manage your ongoing social media updates
- And more!
Worksheet: Example of survey questions you can use for your clients, Salon Directories/Forums List, Module 2 Worksheet
In order to wow potential new clients and keep connected to existing clients, you need to seek opportunities to Influence Beyond the Salon. Make the most out of the new online and offline opportunities to show that you are a responsible businessperson and a leader in your field.
- How to use blogging and video to educate your current clients and attract the attention of those in search of new services and product advice
- How to pitch yourself as an expert to bloggers and magazines in a way that you can cash in on the exposure
- How Social Media can empower your voice in the crowded internet marketplace
- How to make the most of networking opportunities (include beauty meet-ups) to position yourself as the “go-to” beauty expert
- And more!
Worksheet: Blog Planning Worksheet, Module 3 Worksheet
To ensure success with your marketing ideas, you need to Review Your Plan against your goals. I will show you how to
prioritize your ideas and create a written plan.
On this call, you will learn…
- How to plan for success when adding a new service offering
- How to develop a promotion calendar that you and your team can follow from month to month
- Key Tips to ensure your marketing plan works for you
- The right way to measure performance of campaigns
- And more!
Worksheet: Marketing Plan Template, Marketing Plan Template Example
Ready to get started?
Your risk-free offer to invest in your business for only
Or do you still have some questions?
What is different about this course? I have already bought a few books on marketing?
This course is grounded in basic marketing principle students learn when getting their MBA along with practical tips specific for the salon business. We cover the latest trends in small business marketing by using best practices used by beauty professionals. Each module includes homework assignments that help you build your own marketing plan.
I already do some online marketing.
If you already do some online marketing then you understand the value of continuous learning. We will cover some of the newest tools and techniques on the market along with the fundamentals.
When speaking with salon owners and booth renters, many are frustrated by online marketing. One of the reasons why many salon professionals don’t see optimal results with their efforts with Facebook, email newsletters or blogging is that their strategy is unclear and their approach lacks consistency. In this course, I give you tools to tweak the focus of your marketing so that you become a magnet for people who truly value your services.
I am too far behind with this online stuff.
We will start with the fundamentals. This material teaches business planning not just online marketing. In the current day, this includes using some online techniques that have been effective to reach target clients who want to use your services.
Business is slow. I don’t have the money to pay for this kind of course.
You will continue to struggle with your business if you do not invest the time to improve your skills as an entrepreneur. At the end of the day, you are betting on yourself. And most importantly, you will continue to throw money away at the next salesperson that dazzles you on the phone with the next hot marketing trick. Learning how to invest your marketing dollars will save you much more in the long run.
Is there a Money Back Guarantee?
We stand firmly behind our products. We KNOW this product has the potential for transforming your business just as long as you attend class and do all the work. However, I cannot guarantee any specific financial results (or a 6-Figure business) just from taking this training alone. But having the discipline to put your vision on paper with a plan will clearly help you identify any operational gaps standing in your way.
But, just in case you don’t agree, you have SIX months to request a refund your investment. Your satisfaction is assured through my NO RISK, “YOU-CAN’T-LOSE”, 100%, NO-QUESTIONS-ASKED, IRON CLAD MONEY BACK GUARANTEE.
Yes, I am ready to start planning to have a more profitable business. How is this all going to work?
So here is the deal…
Upon processing your order, you will immediately receive the course download page that contains links to the following:
- 4 Downloadable MP3s for each module so that you can listen at your convenience (almost 4 solid hours of audio content)
- 10 Worksheets for each module that include homework exercises, cheat sheets and templates
Risk-free offer to invest in your business for only
Just so that you know, if I were to help you one-on-one to walk you through this material, it would be around $1,200. If you wanted to hire me to actually develop and write your marketing plan for you (using my resources), it would be another $1,500.
So the total Done for You services plus training would be close to $3,000. I know that this kind of investment is not right for everybody. This format is my way of bringing my knowledge to you in the most affordable way but with all the meat.
I hope that you choose to move past your implementation fears and take action with this course!
To your success,
P.S.- If you have already read The A-List Salon book, this training program is a natural next step. The book material comes from this course. Some people absorb more information by listening to audio along with reading. Of course, if you liked the book, you should love this training.
P.S.S.- If you want to develop as an entrepreneur, you really need to devote some resources to learning about business. Everyone does not have the time to enroll in a business degree program. But I did, and from of one of the top programs in the country. This training really breaks it down to the essentials for planning a hair business or any other type of service business. I hop